I finally have a printing schedule for the book. I had to go through a couple revisions with the printer. It was a real learning process, but they were very patient in working with me to make sure the files were correct and we both got what we needed from the other.
In the interest of transparency, below is the schedule exactly as I received it.
• Ozalids + Proofs send out from HK – 13 Oct 11
• Ozalids + Proofs rec’d by you in USA – 17 Oct 11
• Approved ozalids + proofs send out from USA – 18 Oct 11
• Approval ozalids + proofs rec’d by me in HK – 21 Oct 11
• Printed Sheets send out from HK – 02 Nov 11
• Printed Sheets rec’d by you in USA – 04 Nov 11
• Approval by email – 05 Nov 11
• Advance copies send out from HK – 15 Nov 11
• Advance copies rec’d by you in USA – 17 Nov 11
• Approval by email – 18 Nov 11
• Bulk Ex-Factory – 23 Nov 11
Yeah, I struggle with “printer-ese,” too. Bottom line: If everything goes according to plan, I’ll have advance copies by November 17th and then I should have all the books in hand in early December, since bulk ex-factory is a worse case scenario on when the books will leave the factory in Hong Kong. Everyone should have their copies in time for Christmas. (What a lovely gift, eh?)
Again, thank you so much for your patience. If anything changes, I’ll let you know.